Volcano Volunteer needed for 2013 season!
April 22 - 27, 2013
Gifford Pinchot • Mount St. Helens Institute
Volunteers need to assist the public at three local Mount St. Helens visitor centers: Johnston Ridge Observatory, the Science & Learning Center at Coldwater, Pine Creek Information Center and Cascade Peaks Visitor Center. Volunteers help answer questions, share science and history information to the public, provide recreational options to the public and help school groups on tours and hikes. Our Volcano Volunteers have a blast!
Volunteers enjoy benefits such as:
• Receive a week-long intensive training in interpretation, ecology, and geology
• Stay in government provided housing or enjoy a unique camping experience, depending upon location
• Uniforms and some all-weather gear provided at no cost
• Volcano Volunteers may be invited to participate in MSHI Field Seminars at no cost as an ongoing training/enrichment experience
A minimum of 12 days in any combination over a period of 3 months is required. Options can vary! For example:
1. One to two days per week for at least 3 months (= approx 12+ days)
2. Two (or more) days every other week for at least 3 months ( = approx 12+ days)
3. Four or five days in a row at least once per month for 3 months (= approx 12+ days)
4. Ability to volunteer on weekends is highly desirable!!
For more information and to read job descriptions go to www.mshinstitute.org or contact Amy Tanska, Volunteer Programs Manager at email@example.com.
Event Location:42218 NE Yale Bridge Road
Amboy, WA 98601
Event Organizer:Amy Tanska
Mount St. Helens Institute
Volunteer for this event!
Sign Up Information (fields in bold are required)
The National Forest Foundation provides this service to organizations that conduct on-the-ground conservation volunteer activities on our National Forests and Grasslands. The National Forest Foundation is not responsible for this content or the execution of projects unless specifically stated. By submitting your registration, you agree to these terms as well as any other privacy policies that apply to this Web site.