This policy is intended to be used by the Web site visitors to determine consumer choice, informed consent, what information can be collected and how it can be used, and other pertinent privacy information.
We believe a visitor to the Web site is the best person to determine:
- when and under what conditions to provide personally identifiable information that may be used to identify, contact, or locate a person.
- when the information may be shared with a third person.
- when to remain anonymous.
If personal information is collected, we believe a visitor to the Web site has the right to:
- know when personal information is being collected.
- know what personal information is being collected.
- have the choice to prohibit the NFF from sharing the information with a third party.
- We may request your name, email address, address, phone number, and other similar information.
- This information is collected when you request additional information about the NFF or our programs, submit a donation online, subscribe to tree-mail™, etc.
- In addition to gathering visitors' personal information, the NFF gathers non-personal information using pieces of data called "cookies." Cookies contain data that a Web site places on a user's hard drive. These data contain no personal information. Instead, they collect such information as the user's ISP, operating system and browser type. This information is used by the NFF to monitor the Web site's traffic and to better manage our site by providing history of the different parts of the Web site that have been visited. It also helps users by recognizing them when they come back to the Web site.
How Information is Used
- The information you provide us is used to process and reply to the inquiry or purpose you requested.
- It is the policy of the NFF to respect your privacy. We do not exchange or sell your personal information to other organizations. If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us:
National Forest Foundation
Building 27 Suite 3
Fort Missoula Road
Missoula, MT 59804
- We provide links to third-party sites. As we do not control these sites, please take the time to read their privacy statements.
Security of Credit Card Information
- If you choose to provide the NFF with your credit card information, we will use it only for the purposes for which you provide.
- Using encryption and secure collection methodologies, we make every effort to insure the protection of your sensitive information.
- If you are concerned about giving out your credit card information online, you can still contribute to the NFF by calling us or mailing a check to our address above.
Children (13 and Under)
- The NFF does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please talk to an adult before supplying any personal information.
If you wish to terminate receipt of information from the NFF or change any information previously provided, please contact us via email, regular mail, or telephone (all information provided above).
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us via email, regular mail, or telephone (all information provided above).
Last Revised: September 2014