CFLRP Monitoring Plan Examples
- Dinkey Landscape Restoration Project Monitoring Plan
- Four Forests Restoration Initiative Monitoring Plan
5-Year Reporting to Congress
In 2011, the National Forest Foundation led a process with collaborative partners and Forest Service representatives from each of the first 10 CFLR projects to develop a set of national indicators. Participants set as core principles that the indicators should maximize project autonomy and minimize additional reporting, while responding to the purpose of the authorizing legislation. The resulting five indicators, which form the basis of the 5-Year Report, address ecological issues, economy/jobs, fire costs, leveraged funds, and collaboration. The indicators are designed to tell a national story about CFLR, measure outcomes across projects, encourage regular collection and reporting of data, and provide a coarse-scale picture of programmatic impacts.
In 2014 the NFF convened the Ecological Indicator Expert Panel to provide peer assistance and guidance during the reporting process. Resources developed by panel members include:
NFF and the CFLR Coalition coordinated two national surveys (in 2012 and 2014) to assess the successes and challenges of each of the 23 collaborative efforts. Survey results are provided below.
- 2012 CFLRP Collaboration Indicator Survey Results
- 2014 CFLRP Collaboration Indicator Survey Results
- 2020 CFLRP Collaboration Indicator Survey Results
- Overview of CFLR National Workshop to develop the indicators, held in June 2011
- Draft Indicators presented to the Forest Service in 2011
- Excel spreadsheet used for leveraged funds
To stay up-to-date on upcoming peer learning sessions and collaboration news, sign-up for our email list.