1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by completing form at nationalforests.org/blogcontest
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of the National Forest Foundation and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of the National Forest Foundation will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on the quality of style and prose as well as relevance to topic and theme of the contest.
4. PRIZES: The first place winner will be published on the NFF blog and at modernhiker.com. The first place winner will also receive two roundtrip Southwest Airlines tickets (used by 1/10/19), an REI tent, footprint, and a signed copy of “Day Hiking Los Angeles” by Casey Schreiner. The second place winner will be published on the NFF blog. The second place winner will also receive two REI special edition flash 18 packs and a signed copy of “Day Hiking Los Angeles” by Casey Schreiner. The third place winner will receive an REI Passage trekking poles. One random entrant will receive a limited-edition National Forest Foundation hammock. All entrants will receive a one-year membership to the National Forest Foundation.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 30 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant the National Forest Foundation a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant the National Forest Foundation the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
b. The National Forest Foundation is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of the National Forest Foundation. The National Forest Foundation reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The National Forest Foundation, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The National Forest Foundation is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the National Forest Foundation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release the National Forest Foundation from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.