Join the National Forest Foundation on a National Forest Excursion in 2020! This exciting new program provides individuals with a unique and memorable experience on our National Forests. NFF’s National Forest Excursions Program will expose participants to some of the most amazing and iconic experiences available on our National Forests.
From climbing volcanoes, to paddling fjords, to horse packing through wilderness, NFF will provide participants with unparalleled connections to our public lands and hopefully build long-lasting relationships with trip attendees.
Mountaineering on the Mt. Hood National Forest
June 20-22, 2020
- Stay at historic Timberline Lodge on the slopes of Mt. Hood
- Enjoy a stay at Silcox Hut at 7,000 ft
- Summit Mt. Hood with Timberline Mountain Guides
Backpacking and Whitewater Rafting on the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests
September 18-21, 2020
- Hike and stay overnight on the Appalachian Trail
- Hang out with Appalachian Trail record holder Jennifer Pharr Davis
- Raft the Chattooga River with paddlers from Nantahala Outdoor Center