This policy is intended to be used by the web-site visitors and donors to determine consumer choice, informed consent, what information can be collected and how it can be used, and other pertinent privacy information.
We believe a visitor to the web-site or a donor is the best person to determine:
- When and under what conditions to provide personally identifiable information that may be used to identify, contact, or locate a person.
- When the information may be shared with a third person.
- When to remain anonymous.
If personal information is collected, we believe a visitor to the web-site or a donor has the right to:
- Know when personal information is being collected.
- Know what personal information is being collected.
- Have the choice to prohibit the NFF from sharing the information with a third party.
- We may request your name, email address, address, phone number, and other similar information.
- This information is collected when you request additional information about the NFF or our programs, submit a donation online, subscribe to tree-mail™, etc.
- The NFF gathers non-personal information using cookies. We use Google Analytics and Google AdWords to collect web-site use anonymously and report web-site trends, without identifying individual users. This information is used by the NFF to monitor the web-site's traffic and to better manage our site by providing history of the different parts of the web-site that have been visited. It also helps users and online donors by recognizing them when they come back to the web-site. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How Information is Used
- The information you provide us is used to process and reply to the inquiry or purpose you requested.
- It is the policy of the NFF to respect your privacy. We do not exchange, rent or sell any personal information we receive from our web-site visitors or donors, both online and offline, to other organizations. If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us:
National Forest Foundation
Building 27 Suite 3
Fort Missoula Road
Missoula, MT 59804
- We provide links to third-party sites. As we do not control these sites, please take the time to read their privacy statements.
Security of Credit Card Information
- If you choose to provide the NFF with your credit card information, we will use it only for the purposes for which you provide it.
- Using encryption and secure collection methodologies, we make every effort to ensure the protection of your sensitive information.
- If you are concerned about giving out your credit card information online, you can still contribute to the NFF by calling us or mailing a check to our address above.
Children (13 and Under)
- The NFF does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please talk to an adult before supplying any personal information.
If you wish to terminate receipt of information from the NFF or change any information previously provided, please contact us via email, regular mail, or telephone (all information provided above).
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us via email, regular mail, or telephone (all information provided above).
Last Revised: November 2016