As part of our mission, the NFF offers neutral facilitation services for collaborative efforts that benefit National Forest System lands, and on the Sawtooth National Forest we're facilitating the 5B Restoration Coalition.
5B Restoration Coalition Purpose Statement & Vision
The purpose of the 5B Restoration Coalition (5BRC) is to bring the Wood River Valley region community together to protect and restore lands and natural assets from wildland fires. The coalition works in the Wood River Valley region, with a focus on Blaine County. The 5BRC's vision is to restore natural resources post-Beaver Creek fire as a community and build community resilience and find solutions that alleviate negative impacts of future wildfires.
- Community Member, Lynn Campion-Waddell
- Sun Summit South, Chip Deffe
- Trout Unlimited, Mark Davidson
- Community Member, Dan Drackett
- Community Member, Susan Giannettino
- Sun Valley Economic Development, Harry Griffith
- Sawtooth Backcountry Horsemen, Jo Heiss
- Blaine County Recreation District, Jim Keating and Chris Leman
- Bureau of Land Management, John Kurtz
- Wood River Land Trust, Keri York
- Idaho Conservation League, Dani Mazzotta
- Blaine County Commissioner, Angenie McCleary
- Idaho Department of Fish & Game, Mike McDonald
- U.S. Forest Service, Sawtooth National Forest, Kurt Nelson
- Sawtooth Fire Collaborative and Sawtooth Society, Gary O’Malley
- Sun Valley Marketing Alliance, Arlene Schieven
- Wood River Bike Coalition, Brett Stevenson
- Idaho Mountain Dirt Riders Association, David Sundholm
- Facilitator: National Forest Foundation, Karen DiBari
5BRC Meeting Records & Reports
News & Announcements
The next 5BRC Meeting is Wednesday, January 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Hailey.
5B Restoration Fund
The National Forest Foundation has established the 5B Restoration Fund to support on-the-ground priorities of the 5B Restoration Coalition in the Wood River Valley, which will be conducted through local community partners.
To give to the 5B Restoration Fund, visit www.nationalforests.org/give and enter promo code 5B. Gifts will be used to advance 5BRC priorities in the Wood River Valley. Right now, the National Forest Foundation is providing the fund with a match of up to $100,000.00 for private gifts. This mean your donation will be highly leveraged to maximize its impact.
Questions about the 5B Restoration Fund?